Sunday, October 16, 2011

World Series Thoughts & Predictions

Sorry for the onslaught of posts tonight, but tonight is best up by one of my favorite quotes in the movie Mean Girls: "I just have a lot of feelings..."

But I needed a separate post to dedicate to MY BACK-TO-BACK ALCS CHAMPION TEXAS RANGERS, and what I am predicting for the World Series.

First off, if you're one of my dedicated fans of this blog, you saw my blog post that previewed the Rangers season. One of my favorite players going in was Mike Napoli, and I'd say he's lived up to my expectations beautifully.

Second, as I said before, we're back in the World Series. My only worry with this team is that the offense is either welders-torch-hot or Antarctica-Polar-Bear-cold.

The lineup needs to find a happy medium between the two. Our starting pitching has been good, but not great. It's obvious that they aren't going to pitch a shutout and will give up 3-5 runs just about every game, so the offense needs to become a constant stream of success. That's something they started doing in the ALCS, and we'll hope they continue to do so.

Third, read the above two paragraph's again, except every time you read the word "Offense", replace it with "bullpen."

Finally, my in-depth predictions for the World Series are as follows.
Rangers in 6.
Michael Young named MVP (He's getting it going!)
Derek Holland goes 2-0 in the series.
I'm also setting the Over/Under on the amount of times the commentator sounds acts like he wants to jump in bed with Pujols per game at 8.

Leave your predictions in the comments, let's get a discussion going!

No comments:

Post a Comment