Sunday, December 4, 2011

Oklahoma State gets jipped

I'm going to do my best Kirk Herbstreit/Mark May/Craig James impression and break this down at face value.

Really?

Kirk Herbstreit and Mark May both took shots at Oklahoma State's defense tonight. Were they not watching last night?

Jamie Blatnick and Richetti Jones were ONE YARD SHORT of outscoring the Sooner offense... And they're defensive ends.

"What else do these guys have to do," Brandon Weeden asked me at the team's BCS watch party. "They just shut down the fifth ranked offense in the nation, what else is there?"

I fully agree, and the feedback after the Bedlam game is disgusting. The contest is being chalked up as OU just simply not showing up.

Really?

Give credit where credit is due. The Pokes held the Number 5 ranked passing offense (People are conveniently forgetting that detail) out of the endzone with their lone touchdown coming from the backup quarterback.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist in the least bit, but to echo Oklahoma State receiver Isaac McCoy's comments on twitter, I have a feeling that if Texas or OU were in this position, the Big 12 would have a representative in New Orleans come January 9th.

Also, if anyone has any connections at ESPN, let them know I'm available for hire. I would love to talk football with these imbecile's they put on their panels.

I think the pointless debates with my buddies on random things like who has the best batting stance in baseball are harder to win then it would be to talk football on these BCS shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment