Thursday, July 21, 2011

What's Wrong With This Picture?

I usually don't blog on the NFL, but I can't stand it. This is my post to "vent", so if you don't want to hear it then stop reading here.

Breaking news came today in the sports world. The NFL owners ratified a new Collective Bargaining Agreement today, and all that stands between us and an football season is a players vote... That of which is probably not going to be in favor of playing.

The best way of understanding it is how ESPN explained it: "This agreement is like a husband writing up a contract of how he wants his marriage to be, then sending it to his wife and seeing how she likes it."

Most likely not the best situation, and a backhand would be in his near future.

But what bugs me the most is what Norm Hitzges talked about on The Ticket (http://theticket.com/) this morning. Norm is known for his rants in the Morning, and one of my favorite things to do is work early so I can listen to them.

This morning, as I wolfed down my Sausage Egg & Cheese McMuffin, Norm was talking about the CBA, and what has bugged me the entire time.

WHERE IS THE PART THAT HELPS THE FANS?! The only reason the NFL is around is because of the fans, shouldn't the owners throw something in the agreement for them?

"What do you mean? Do you want them to give us money?"

Not exactly. I believe that the owners should give back to the fans by taking a percentage of the ticket price off for preseason games. My thought process on this is simple: The millionaires don't want to see good football for a quarter, then an exhibition for three quarters, which is exactly what preseason football is.

Instead, this would give back to the fans like me. The fans that don't have $300 to drop on a top row of the stadium ticket. The fans that simply want to see Jerry World, or Tom Brady throw a touchdown pass in person, or see Chad Johnson do another great touchdown celebration.

That would never happen though. Jerry Jones voluntarily turning down $250-$300 million dollars? No way.

But hey, that's just what I think. And if Mr. Jones ends up reading this then hopefully it rings a bell and he realizes "Hm... That's not a bad idea."

Highly Unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment