Thursday, July 28, 2011

Top 10 College Football Uniforms

I'm a big guy on swagger. In high school, if I looked good on the field then I felt good, and if I felt good then I usually played good. That being said, one of my favorite things to do on my NCAA football game is look at all of the jerseys.

Oklahoma State has finally joined the ranks on the NCAA swagger (As announced last night by Kyle Porter of www.pistolsfiringblog.com, an incredible OSU blog). So, to celebrate the Cowboy's look, let's look at where the new threads land them on my Top 10, a Top 10 that will not include Oregon... It's obvious that Oregon is Number 1, so I'll just go ahead and make a list for second place.

Number 10: Florida A&M
A double A school, but I LOVE the Orange/Green combo they have. It screams swagger and that has paid off for them in the past.

Number 9: Florida State
My favorite scheme in football is Red and Black. It's always been associated with fear for me, as all of my rivals have always had those colors (Trinity High School, Pantego, etc.) Florida State rocks it, and their blackout jerseys as well as their Pro Combat jerseys (pictured below) are always looking clean.

Number 8: TCU's Pro Combat Jerseys
These have been my favorite overall jerseys for awhile, but the fact that they hardly ever wear them and that their other jerseys are mostly purple knocked them down the list a ways... Sorry Frogs, you get screwed out of a title yet again.

Number 7: Hawaii
How can you not love the Warriors? The tribal designs they mix in whether it's on their sleeves or legs, I love it. It goes with the Hawaii theme, and for some reason scares me a little bit.

Number 6: Virginia Tech
Black, Maroon, and Orange? Awesome, and every uniform they have pulls the scheme off perfectly.

Number 5: Boise State
They wore these jerseys against Virginia Tech in their early-season showdown last year, and I loved them. My favorite part is the helmet.

Number 4: Miami
The U is all about the swag game. It's in their heritage. Just watch the ESPN 30 for 30 on them and you'll see. The fact that one team caused the NCAA to make "The Miami Rule" about no celebrating and taunting is enough for me. I love it, and the pro combat jerseys they released are my favorite, but I'll put up a picture of both. Shout out to my boy Kacy Rodgers for modeling the orange uni's for us.

Number 3: Florida
I've always loved Florida's jerseys. Maybe because it's the scheme my high school had, or maybe just because it's awesome. I'm not really sure, I just know I like it and I want to see Nike do more with it.

Number 2: Oklahoma State
As I said, these were just unveiled last night and they look incredible. I love the new gray as well. I can easily say OSU is now the "Oregon of the Midwest", I just wish they had released them early enough to be on the new NCAA 12 game... Oh well. There's always next year I guess.



Number 1: Arizona State
They just unveiled their new jerseys for 2011... One word: Awesome. Check out the pitchfork on the helmets. These are incredible, I love the bright orange/yellow trim for the numbers and helmet. That look is absolutely incredible, and these have taken the cake on the uniform's I'm most excited to see in person.





That's all I've got! Next up is why I'm worried about the Dallas Cowboys and what they're NOT doing yet this offseason.





... I couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment