Thursday, August 18, 2011

Top 5 Moments Of Oklahoma State's 2010 Season

I am so ready for college football to start that I simply cannot take it anymore. I've just about worn out my NCAA 12 disc on Xbox, and have been on YouTube constantly looking up last year's highlight videos.

That being said, I've compiled a little bit of a reflection post. These are the Top 5 moments of last season in my eyes.

Number 5: Justin Blackmon's reverse against Baylor
This is the only video I could find. Fast forward to the 2:42 mark to see the play I'm talking about. This was the first play out of halftime, and basically took all of the wind out of Baylor's lung's from there on out.


Number 4: Brandon Weeden to Justin Blackmon against Arizona
Fast forward to :46. I love this play. Not only because it's a perfectly thrown fade, but the fact that Blackmon runs across the goal line before crossing it. This really didn't have any importance in the game other than the Cowboys simplly flexing their muscles.



Number 3: Josh Cooper's punt return against Troy
Fast forward to the 4:55 mark to see the play. This was awesome, Troy rolled out to the right to see if a passing lane was open, then launched a rugby style punt. Cooper did his best Reggie Bush impression, and ran about 150 yards to complete a 55 yard punt return for a TD.


Number 2: Dan Bailey's Game Winning Field Goal against Texas A&M
This was the second most fun game to watch besides Bedlam last year. Thursday night on ESPN against a team that would eventually win a share of the division with us and the Sooners. A nervous Jerrod Johnson looked on after having MAJOR turnover trouble (I felt bad for him, I've personally met and worked out with Jerrod and he's a great guy, just had a pretty rough ride last year) as Dan Bailey booted the game winning field goal. I still have video of this on my phone from watching in the stands, and now I regret not rushing the field.


Number 1: Bedlam
I was tired, I was sick, and I was cold. Tired because I had been up since the day before because of an ESPN Gameday all nighter, sick because we had waited outside on library lawn all night in the sub-freezing cold to secure a prime spot for the show, and cold because Stillwater's weather likes to add in wind to make it that much worse. I can't narrow this game down to one play. Obviously if I had to, it'd be what is now become known as "The Interception", that somehow didn't make the highlight cut on the top video, so I included it in the bottom. It could be our kick return at the end of the game. Perhaps the simple fact that Justin Blackmon still had 100 yards receiving and a touchdown with a bum ankle. You can't narrow this game down, just simply hit play, turn up the volume and enjoy. Next year when I do this, hopefully I'll have a winning higlight to show. Fingers crossed.



Personal Twitter: @brendon_morris
O'Colly Twitter for OSU Football and Men's Basketball: @brendon_ocolly

Go Pokes!

No comments:

Post a Comment